Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Running

So I started running last week. I have never ran before. Well, since high school anyway, and that was against my will. So I thought I would document my challenges for you all to read and have a good laugh at.

Day 1: Monday, ran at 8:30 pm. Took a puff from my inhaler (yep, I have asthma) and started walking. Walked for a few blocks. Ran till I was out of breath, walked to recover. I did this 5 times. I didn't die, so that was a plus. Oh- I did stretch. I am a fiend about stretching.
Day 2: Tuesday, same as Monday. Some shin splints, nothing too serious.
Day3: Wednesday, no running. took a walk with the hubby and daughter instead.
Day 4: Thursday. Ran. Kind of. Legs hurt. Shin splints. My right knee is acting up again. Damn. Doing better stamina wise. I can run longer without stopping. I usually stop because my knee hurts.
Day 5: Friday. No running. I was kind of depressed.
Day 6: Saturday. No running. Walked with Hubby and daughter again.
Day 7: Sunday. Ran. Cut my loop in half. My knee hurt so bad I wanted to cry. Note to self- find knee brace.
Day 8: Monday (yesterday). No running. Went for a walk with daughter. Knee still hurts, but feels better. I don't think I will run until I find my brace. The orthopedic surgeon who did my surgery gave me the all clear to run, I asked for Physical therapy to see if I am running right, and if there is anything I can do to make it better.
Day 9: Tuesday (today). I don't know what I will do yet. I think I will probably walk. My knee still hurts, and I still haven't found my brace.

So that is my first 9 days of running. I will update as I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment