Monday, November 1, 2010

So frogs jump

This is what I say to my husband when I am about to change topics completely or talk about something completely off the wall. This is his warning that the conversation might take a slightly strange turn. Usually he flows with it, but most times I get this look like "where the fuck did that come from?" and I have to explain to him that the red car at the stop light reminded me of the red car my ex boyfriend drove durning high school, which reminded me of high school which was in Des Moines, which reminded me that my mom (who lives there) called the other day to ask what we were doing for thanksgiving, which reminded me that thanksgiving was on a Thursday which reminded Thursday was next to Friday and the concert we are going to is on a Saturday, the day after Friday and we still needed to make reservations for a hotel and confirm plans for our daughter, which made me think of his mom and her dad who is in a nursing home for a broken vertebrae, so I had to ask my husband if he ever wondered what it will be like to break your back! Previously were were talking about what we needed to buy at the grocery store, hence starting the question with "so frogs jump".

Yes, that is how my mind works most of the time. It is a strange, sometimes frustrating daily journey I take. I hope to share some of my jumping frogs with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment