Monday, January 23, 2012

Something that has been bothering me

So I don't know if I posted about this before, but my (formerly?) drug addicted 19 year old cousin is pregnant. Apparently due March 11th. When I learned she was pregnant I had talked to her sister and said if R was not sure if she was going to keep the baby that JM and I would adopt it. That was it.

A little background, this is the same family that is living in my grandparents home that is co-owned by my parents and R's parents. There was a written, legal agreement to pay my parents so much a month and at the end of the term the house would be given over to my Uncle free and clear. Needless to say, they haven't paid my mom in a year and a half. Only one of the 8 adults in the house have a job. There is a lot of bad blood there. My aunt is kind of crazy. I could go on and on, but I will post about it another time.

So it gets back to crazy aunt (R's mom) that I offered to adopt R's baby. I get a nasty letter in the mail about how I am trying to steal my cousins baby... some nasty stuff. Well, the other day I get an invitation to the baby shower! WTF? Right? Now this has pissed me off and made me sad. I feel for this poor child who is being bore into a family that has so many problems. A mother who has no education, no prospects, and is not with the daddy plus she (I hope I am wrong) doesn't have any real vested interest in the child. My aunt thinks that this child is her chance to have another baby, and possibly raise one "right", to fix her past parenting mistakes.

It just makes me sad.

I would love to be an asset to my cousin. To help her wade through the rough waters of being a first time mom. I have been through all of the that, and recently. Since there is so much crap going on with family, I cannot be there for her. All attempts to contact her have wound up with her mom wanting to talk to me about the baby. I don't want to talk to my aunt about her grand baby, I want to talk to my cousin about HER baby.

It makes me mad because my aunt has the balls to accuse me of trying to steal R's baby?! Yet she invites me to the shower? Really? The uber bitch in me wants to send her a REALLY angry reply. I am really trying to  be an adult and just walk away, but I am having a really hard time getting over this.

So right now I am holding my tongue. I have not sent anything. I don't know if I will or not. I talk to R's sister sometimes, but I do not want to bring this up with her at the moment since this isn't her problem.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment